St. Louis, Mo., April 5, 2019 – The No. 8-ranked Washington University in St. Louis men's tennis team used a doubles sweep to propel the Bears to a 9-0 win over the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire Friday at the Tao Tennis Center in St. Louis.
WashU won its fourth-straight match to improve to 11-4, while UW-Eau Claire dropped its fourth-straight match and fell to 11-6.
1. Konrad Kozlowski/Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Zach Janssen/Grant Mauthe (UWECM) 8-0
2. Ethan Hillis/Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Matt Christensen/Daniel Schoen (UWECM) 8-2
3. J.J. Kroot/Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Adam Burk/Matt Gilbert (UWECM) 8-4
1. #6 Ethan Hillis (WASHUM) def. Zach Janssen (UWECM) 6-3, 6-1
2. #32 Bernardo Neves (WASHUM) def. Matt Christensen (UWECM) 6-4, 6-1
3. Daniel Li (WASHUM) def. Grant Mauthe (UWECM) 6-2, 6-0
4. Benjamin van der Sman (WASHUM) def. Daniel Schoen (UWECM) 6-3, 6-0
5. Konrad Kozlowski (WASHUM) def. Adam Burk (UWECM) 6-4, 6-1
6. Koki Takabatake (WASHUM) def. Matt Gilbert (UWECM) 6-0, 6-1
• Kozlowski is one win shy of 100 for his career
• WashU is 13-2 this season at No. 4 singles
• Kozlowski has won eight-straight singles matches
• The Bears swept doubles play for the ninth time this season
• Kroot picked up his 70th career win
• Li garnered the 50th victory of his career
• The Bears are 131-6 at home in the last 15 years under head coach Roger Follmer
• The win for Follmer was the 320th of his career
WashU travels to NCAA Division II No. 49 University of Missouri-St. Louis on Wednesday, April 10, at 4 p.m.